Borage Herb Seeds - Non-GMO - an Open-pollinated herb Variety That Produces Cucumber-Flavored Leaves. - Country Creek LLC
- An annual hollow stemmed plant with bristly hairs on its surface.
- An excellent plant for bees and other pollinators.
- This is a warm-season herb that has a long harvest period.
- Growing Borage provides the gardener with cucumber flavored leaves.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resealable bags!
Borage is an annual plant that is native to the Mediterranean region but has been widely naturalized in other areas. The stem and leaves are covered with coarse, prickly hairs. The bright blue flowers are star-shaped. The fresh plant has a salty flavor and a cucumber-like odor. Plants average 18-24″ tall and produce loads of small, edible flowers that are light blue. A few pink flowers will be present as well. Borage leaves are edible and have a mild cucumber flavor that is the perfect addition to salads, dips, or even cocktails! his is a warm-season herb that has a long harvest period. Leaves and flowers can be harvested as soon as plants begin to flower. Works great when grown in containers, raised beds or in-ground gardens. It can also be used as a warm-season cover crop to provide ground cover and feed pollinators. It is self-sowing and will readily reseed if allowed to do so. However, direct-seeding Borage is recommended as it does not perform as well when transplanted. Borage is a popular plant for attracting bees and other pollinators to the vegetable garden and homestead.