Di Ciccio Broccoli - Non-GMO - Produces Earthy, Sweet, and mild Flavors with a Continuous Harvest. - Country Creek LLC
- Tasty Italian heirloom variety produces earthy, sweet, and mild flavors.
- This is a great choice for spring or fall planting.
- Can be more productive than many hybrids and its non-uniformity in maturity makes it an excellent home garden variety.
- Plants are light green and of medium height.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resealable bags!
Broccoli Di Ciccio is an heirloom variety that comes from Italy. It is small to medium in size compared to other varieties of broccoli and has long, thin stems. Each plant produces a central head but also offshoots with smaller heads. You can remove each head one at a time and get a continuous harvest from your broccoli Di Ciccio plants. The flavor of this broccoli variety is mild but sweet and tasty. It can be eaten raw or cooked any way you would other types of broccoli. The smaller florets are even sweeter and more ender; they are best used raw. The baby leaves of the plant can be used like kale. If you are planting in the spring, start your seeds indoors six to eight weeks before the last frost. The time to maturity for this variety can be long and varied, up to 100 days, so starting indoors is important to make the most of the growing season and to avoid your plants bolting when it gets hot.