Runner Bean Seeds Non-GMO - A Fast Growing Annual That is a Good Choice for Edible Landscaping. - Country Creek LLC
- Delicious beans commonly eaten in early American colonies and in Britain.
- A fast growing annual that prefers full sun and a structure to climb.
- Plant them in moderately fertile soil that is amended with plenty of organic matter.
- Runner beans make a good choice for edible landscaping.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resealable bags!
These tall vines produce colorful flowers and beans, acting as an edible and ornamental plant in your garden. Runner beans differ in the color of flowers they produce. Most varieties grow either scarlet-colored or white flowers. Runner beans are easy to grow and attract plenty of attention. Runner beans are native to Central and South America, but they will grow well in just about any climate. They germinate better in cool spring soil than more traditional green beans. And they may even over-winter, in areas where the ground does not freeze. These plants are perennials, but they’re usually grown as annuals. If you live in an area with mild climates, they can over-winter. Runner beans make a good choice for edible landscaping. They are undeniably attractive with plenty of flowers, especially if you keep picking the beans. You can use the young, tender beans as green beans or let them fully mature to shell or dry. As green beans, they are a bit tougher and more fibrous than regular snap beans. You can use the young, tender beans as green beans or let them fully mature to shell or dry. As green beans, they are a bit tougher and more fibrous than regular snap beans, but cutting and cooking takes care of that.