Savoy Perfection Cabbage Seeds- Non-GMO - A Unique Hardy Crop with a Sweet and Delicate Flavor That Makes an Excellent Addition to Many Dishes. - Country Creek LLC
- Cabbage is a fairly easy plant to grow, as it is a hardy vegetable.
- Savoy cabbage has long been a staple for many vegetable growers.
- Produces heads that are approximately five to seven inches in diameter, enveloped in crinkled outer leaves.
- They have a sweet and delicate flavor, and make an excellent addition to many dishes.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resalable bags!
Dating back to the 1800s, Perfection Drumhead savoy cabbage has long been a staple for many vegetable growers. Like most savoy types, these heirloom cabbage plants are known for their textured and wrinkled appearance. In this savoy cabbage, the growing heads form large groups of loosely packed leaves which keep exceptionally well in the garden. The addition of heirloom cabbages to the home vegetable garden not only adds diversity, but can also add quite a bit of beauty. When it comes to savoy cabbage, growing the plants is very similar to the process of growing other cabbage cultivars. Cabbage prefers cooler growing temperatures, between 55-75°F, but will produce decent crops under warmer, summer conditions. To ensure mature heads, seed the crop early in areas where heavy freezes occur early in fall. Successful cabbage crops can be grown where winters are mild.