Tendersweet Carrot Seeds - Non-GMO - Rich-Orange Colored Roots are coreless, Crisp and Very Sweet. Perfect for Canning, juicing, or Eating raw. - Country Creek LLC
- The perfect variety for canning, juicing, or eating raw.
- Rich-orange colored roots are coreless, crisp and very sweet.
- The uniform, deep orange-red roots are smooth skinned, fine grained and nearly coreless.
- Similar to Imperator, but freezes better.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resalable bags!
A classic carrot type, Tendersweet carrots grow to be around seven inches long with a tapered end. They are coreless and delicious, perfect for canning, juicing, or eating raw. This heirloom carrot is a reliable producer that has been pleasing folks for generations. Tendersweet carrot plants grow twelve to fifteen inches in height and have a distinct, dark-green foliage. When the roots reach full maturity, they are a deep orange color, average from eight to ten inches in length, and taper slightly from the shoulder to a blunt end. The uniform, deep orange-red roots are smooth skinned, fine grained and nearly coreless. Carrots grow best when planted in light, fertile, deep, well-drained, sandy loam soil.