Fenugreek Sprouting Seed, Organic, Non GMO - Country Creek Acres Brand -
SCROLL DOWN FOR DESCRIPTION, GROWING INSTRUCTIONS, DETAILS, AND MORE!
Country Creek LLC
Fenugreek Microgreen Seeds
Description & Nutritional Value
Fenugreek, commonly known as Methi, is a rich source of protein, minerals, vitamins and fibre. Fenugreek contains phytonutrients such as choline and from ancient times, has shown to contain antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, antidiabetic, hypocholesteremia, hypoglycemic and lactation-induced properties as well as antibacterial, says Affrin Noor, Chief Dietitian and Nutritionist, Fortis La Femme Hospital, Bangalore.
* The leaves and seeds of fenugreek are used as a spice blend and chief ingredient in food preparation. These are rich in vitamins and essential for optimum health such as vitamin A, C, thiamine and folic acid. Fenugreek also helps in improving the homeostasis of glucose.
* Two teaspoons of fenugreek contain 3 – 4 gm of fibre.
* Fenugreek is affordable, high in fibre and complex carbohydrates. It controls diabetes, relieves constipation, lowers cholesterol levels, lowers the risk of heart ailments by lowering cholesterol levels and is good for lactating mothers. It also reduces menstrual discomfort.
* The flavour is sweet yet bitter and it is brownish yellow in colour.
* It can be consumed raw on an empty stomach after soaking it overnight to aid in weight loss and to rehydrate oneself. It is added in sprouts, salads, dips, fillings, etc.
Jar Sprouting - No Soil
SOAK- Put 1 to 3 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. Drain well.
RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
ENJOY - Ready to eat in 3 to 6 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
Tray Sprouting - With Soil
SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of water and soak for 4 to 8 hours. (Alternatively, once you've measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with water, and soak for 4 to 8 hours.) Drain well.
RINSE - Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
ENJOY - Ready to eat in 10 to 12 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
All Seeds are grown and packaged in the U.S. (Each bag is individually labeled)
All seed lots are tested for germination.
Works great with any type of sprouter.